Viking Hurum Sword, SK-B - Show Sword
Based on the numerous Viking sword finds, this sword was made of a blade of EN45 spring steel. It is forged all the way to the pommel and riveted by hand. The pronounced groove gives the sword more elasticity and at the same time lightness. The edges are not sharpened.
The guard and pommel are made of steel. The pommel is riveted to the blade. The handle is wrapped with a leather cord.
The sword comes with a very nice wooden leather scabbard with wooden bow as belt loop (for max. 5 cm wide belts). The scabbard has a steel breech plate.
- Blade material: spring steel EN45
- Rockwell hardness of the blade: approx. 48-50 HRC
- Total length: approx. 93 cm
- Blade length: approx. 78 cm
- Max. Blade width: approx. 58 mm
- Centre of gravity: approx. 16 cm in front of the guard
- Wooden and leather scabbard included
- Weight (without scabbard): approx. 1311 g
Scope of delivery: 1x Viking sword incl. scabbard