High medieval sword of the Normans, SK-C - Sword for Swordfighting.
This sword is a replica of a high medieval one-handed sword, as they were already used by the Normans. Classically for the swords of the Normans, this sword also has a disc pommel.
This Swordfighting sword is exclusively handmade. The blade is made of high quality spring steel, which is hardened to about 48 HRC. It is continuous up to the pommel and riveted at the pommel. The pronounced groove of the blade gives the sword great elasticity and at the same time lightness. Both the edge and the tip of the blade are rounded and thus blunt.
The straight guard is made of heat-treated and forgeable cast iron. The handle is wrapped with a sturdy leather strap.
The sword comes with a very nice wooden leather scabbard with wooden bow as belt loop (for max. 5 cm wide belts). The scabbard also has a steel breech plate.
A matching scabbard to the sword is included in the delivery. It is made of wood and covered with leather. It also has a wooden bracket, which allows the sword scabbard to be attached to the belt (suitable for max. 5 cm wide belt).
Details High Medieval Sword (Swordfighting):
- Show combat quality class: SK-C
Learn more about our show combat classification
- Blade material: spring steel EN45
- Rockwell hardness of the blade: 48 HRC
- Total length: approx. 96.0 cm
- blade length: ca. 79,5 cm
- Cutting edge, cutting edge: approx. 2 mm
- Max. Blade width: approx. 45 mm
- Center of gravity: approx. 16 cm in front of the guard
- Wooden and leather scabbard included
- Weight without scabbard: approx. 1200 g
Scope of supply: 1x High Medieval Sword for Swordfighting incl. wooden leather scabbard